This episode is brought to you by our friends at Homefield Apparel (15% off with checkout code UNIFIED), Aced Out (20% off with checkout code UNIFIED), 3rd Base Clothing (15% off with checkout code UNIFIED), and Winning Streak Sports.
Episode brought to you by
We’re back! After a month off (due to our slower summer schedule), Chris and Paul are back in the saddle to discuss a really fun topic: Major League Baseball’s infamous “Turn Ahead the Clock” promotion from 1999. Why are we talking about that topic now? Because the “futuristic” uniforms were supposed to represent the year 2021 — the future is now!
Plus this episode also features an assessment of how MLB’s “City Connect” uniform program has shaped up so far, and our question of the
Here are photos and links regarding some of the things discussed in this episode, in the rough order that they come up:
- Here are the City Connect uniforms for the Red Sox, Marlins, White Sox, Cubs, and Diamondbacks.
- Here are the mono-blue uniforms worn in the early 1900s by the Cubs and White Sox.
- You can see loads of Turn Ahead the Clock photos from 1999 here.
- Here’s Mets pitcher Orel Hershiser as a Mercury Met. Fortunately, he had already won his 300th game in his previous start.
- The first NBA team to wear sleeves in the mid-2010s was Golden State in 2013.
- Here’s LeBron James after tearing open his sleeves.